The Cook House

The Cook House is the dining facility and the center of activity on the Ranch.  

JP Gammon and son Edward hauling logs

JP Gammon and son Edward hauling logs

The Cook and her dog outside the Cook House

The Cook and her dog outside the Cook House

The Cook House was built in 1894 and was added to in 1906 with logs from the Big Horn Mountains were hauled using teams of Percheron work horses, then hand hewn to contruct a central dining facility for the growing ranch family.  Today you can still see the axe markings on the log walls of the living room.

Today the Cook House is the center of activity on the Ranch whether its dining family style with Ranch staff, relaxing on the back porch or star gazing around the Cook House campfire.

Hand hewn logs inside the Cook House

Hand hewn logs inside the Cook House

The Dining Room, where guests and staff gather for dinner family style.

ch_backporch.jpg

Back Deck of the Cook House where relaxing is the first item on the agenda.

ch_LivingRoom_1010.jpg

The Cook House common area, where guests gather to catch the news, game scores or to swap stories about the day's activities.